Strengh Based Socialization Art Therapy Groups
The Community YMCA offers individual and group based incommunity Art Therapy services for school aged children and adolescents ages 5-18 years using a wide range of art materials and curriculums. Art Therapy is an alternative to verbal therapy that uses the creative process to improve the emotional and mental well being of the participants.
Specialized services are offered for children diagnosed as having Autism, Aspergers and PDD to increase socialization & communication skills, along with exciting programs for parentchild dyads to improve
attachment, communication and help build relationship skills.
- Increase Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Promote Effective Communication of Feelings
- Improve Stress Management Skills
- Improve Concentration
- Improve Ability to Problem Solve
- Encourage Relaxation Techniques