Under the supervision of the Program Director and administrative staff of the Family Care Program, mentors are responsible for providing community based services to children and adolescents referred by The Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P) or one of the systems partners of NJ’s Children’s System of Care.
- Provide direct service to children and adolescents in the community.
- Maintain designated level of service as determined by referring agency.
- Maintain contact with referring agency as needed.
- Provide support and advocacy to program participants
- Submit timely paperwork, which includes Service Delivery Encounter Forms, Progress Notes, Monthly Summaries, and time cards. In addition opening paperwork and closing summaries will be completed.
- Attend Child/Family meetings as required by referring agency.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
This position will require a minimum of a High School Diploma with a minimum of one year experience working in the social services field. Staff must also have a valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, and Automobile Insurance. Staff will possess good communication skills, be of stable character, and hold qualities necessary to be a positive role model. Staff will also demonstrate a high level of cultural competence, sensitivity and responsiveness. In addition, candidates will undergo a vigorous background check, including a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, motor vehicle check, and drug screening.
Note: Positions are on a per diem basis with flexible hours. Candidate must be 21 years of age or older. Current availability in Monmouth, Ocean, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren, Morris, Sussex, Mercer, and Union Counties. All applicants are welcome to apply; male and/or bi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged. EOE