Child Watch Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Member Services Supervisor, Child Watch, the Child Watch Associate is responsible for quality child care and babysitting. The Associate has a complete knowledge of the YMCA mission, character counts, and programs which include policies, rates, programs and the facility. The Associate implements the program activities and guides the development of the children, ensuring a safe, enriching, and healthy environment. The Child Care Associate must interact with adults and the children in a harmonious manner.
1. Provide exceptional care for children during the day to day operation of the Child Watch room. Interact with children during activities.
2. Help to implement the activities scheduled in an appropriate manner, meeting the needs of the children physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
3. Maintain appropriate staff to child ratios in the room.
4. Provide careful, attentive care and is alert at all times.
5. Use a diverse selection of materials, toys and experiences for all participants.
6. Help to provide a program that adheres to all YMCA health and safety standards
7. Facilitate a program that promotes positive play and welcomes children.
8. Uphold the association’s child protection policies, child abuse and neglect guidelines, and proper reporting procedures. Follow the procedures and policies for the Child Watch room as outlined.
9. Communicate with parents during sign in and sign out process.
10. Complete all paper work required for reporting incidents and accidents.
11. Follow the YMCA guidelines for dress code, punctuality and attendance.
12. Attend to the need of every child enthusiastically.
13. Accurately charge members the appropriate fees.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Welcome Center Coordinator and the Member Retention Director.
15. Financial Development: Support annual campaign.
16. Service Excellence: Embrace and adhere to service excellence standards; provide outstanding service to members and non-members.
17. Personal and Professional Development: Demonstrates YMCA core character values of honest, respect, responsibility and caring in all interactions with employees, members, staff and others; commit to ongoing professional development.
Background: This position must promote a positive, caring image to the members and promote the mission of the YMCA. Associate must have all certifications required.
EOE – M/F