Responsible for greeting and assisting members in the Wellness Center, which includes the overall supervision of the facility, orientation and coaching in the proper use and safe practices of exercise equipment and ensuring that members are following all facility guidelines. Person is responsible for helping to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
- Exercise sound judgment in relationship to member safety & injuries. Follow all emergency procedures.
- Continually and vigilantly monitor the activity of those exercising as well as the general use of the Wellness Center and facility.
- Provide wellness orientations to members. Help determine their personal health goals, emphasizing all components of a healthy lifestyle. Explain, demonstrate and support the learning in the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Wellness Center and facility and equipment, performing all required shift duties as specified by supervisor.
- Visually inspect work area and equipment for safety and risk, report to supervisor in writing any problems.
- Support and enforce the guidelines of the Wellness Center and facility.
- Represent the YMCA in a professional manner and promote a positive and cheerful environment.
- Use Listen First skills to build relationships with members and health seekers.
- Information disseminated to members must remain in the scope of certification.
- Attend and participate in all required staff meetings and continuing job training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Accept and demonstrate the Y’s Values
- Support Annual Campaign
- Build rapport and relate well to others
- Seek first to understand the others person’s point of view and remain calm in a challenging situation
- Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
This position requires stepping and standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching and lifting. This position, by definition, is physical. It requires the person to be physically fit. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Employee will be required to acquire and maintain current certifications and training:
CPR, including the use of AED
New Employee Orientation
Safe Lifting, Slips Trips and Falls
Blood Borne Pathogens
Opening and closing shifts: 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and weekends.