Under the supervision of the Program Director and the administrative staff of the Family Care Program, behavioral assistants will provide community based direct service to children and adolescents referred by one of the systems partners of NJ’s Children’s System of Care or by the Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P).
- Provide individual direct service to children and adolescents in need of behavioral interventions.
- Comply with behavioral plans developed by the therapist working with the child.
- Maintain designated level of service as determined by referring agency.
- Maintain contact with referring agency as needed.
- Submit timely paperwork, which includes Service Delivery Encounter Forms, Progress Notes,
- Monthly Summaries, and time cards. In addition opening paperwork and closing summaries will be completed.
- Attend required supervision in order to comply with Medicaid standards.
- Attend Child/Family meetings as required by the referring agency.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Maintain a current BA Certification.
- Accept and demonstrate the Y’s values.
- Demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Build rapport and relate well to others.
- Listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively.
- Take initiative to assist in developing others.
- Make sound judgments, and transfer learning from one situation to another.
- Demonstrate an openness to change, and seek opportunities in the change process.
This position will require a BA Certification within six (6) months of hire and renewed annually. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university with a minimum of one year experience in the field of social services is preferred. Candidates must possess good written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate a high level of cultural competence, sensitivity, and are responsive to the needs of the population in which they will work. Staff must also have a valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration and Automobile Insurance. In addition, candidates will undergo a vigorous background check, including a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, motor vehicle check, and a drug screening.
Note: Positions are on a per diem basis with flexible hours. Candidate must be 21 years of age or older. Current availability in Monmouth, Ocean, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren, Morris, Sussex, Mercer, and Union Counties. All applicants are welcome to apply; male and/or bi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged. EOE