Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program
As part of our Outpatient services, we offer an Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in the Matawan Community Center. Our IOP is designed to address the needs of drug and alcohol involved adolescents and their families. The services included in this program are group, individual, and family counseling. The primary focus for each participant is recovery, personal growth and improved family relations.
A comprehensive evaluation is the first step in the treatment process. From the assessment, the clinical needs of each participant can be identified for the purpose of an individualized treatment plan.
The goals of the Intensive Outpatient Program are to:
- Provide teens from Monmouth and surrounding counties (i.e. Middlesex), who have an established substance abuse history, with an alternative to residential care
- Educate adolescents and their families about the disease concept of addiction in an effort to develop an effective understanding of the nature of chemical dependency
- Provide adolescents with a therapeutic environment in which to identify feelings, improve attitude and explore the roots of their destructive behavior
- Provide a peer group experience and a positive peer environment
- Provide the opportunity to learn new coping and communication skills for adolescents and families
Additional advantages of the Intensive Outpatient Program include:
- TRANSPORTATION is provided to those in need.
- RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES are incorporated into the program. The YMCA facilities in Red Bank and Camp Arrowhead are utilized. Activities like the ropes course and yoga are used to enhance each participant's self-worth and self-acceptance. Also, through a partnership with Planned Parenthood, teens are provided with guidance and information.
- VOCATIONAL/CAREER ASSISTANCE is provided.
- ANCILLARY SPEAKERS present motivational stories and information, which improves each participant's awareness of the process, dynamics and risks of substance abuse.
- A meal is provided to participants during program hours.
For further information please see our flyer by clicking on the DOWNLOAD below.